- For the courtesy of all Sport Club members and for safety reasons, all lifters MUST re-rack their own dumbbells and weight plates after they have finished using them. Searching for sets of weights needed for your weightlifting program can be a hassle and this is easily avoided when all lifters re-rack their own weights. Futhermore, having weights spread throughout the center poses obvious hazards. This also applies to medicine balls, kettlebells, free weights and mats as well as all other workout equipment.
- Fitness equipment must be wiped down after each use.
- Refrain from yelling, using profanity, banging weights, dropping weights and making loud sounds.
- Do not disturb others. Focus on your own workout and allow others to do the same. Generally, those wearing headphones are not interested in socializing.
- Before beginning your workout, wash your hands and wipe off any cologne or perfume.
- Sometimes there will be situations where the piece of equipment you want is in use. Please find something else you can work on. Conversely, at peak times be aware that others may be interested in using what you are on. Please work together to share equipment responsibly.
- Cell phone users: please be aware that you are not alone and others may not be interested in your conversation. Please leave the gym area to complete your call.
- Bring headphones to ensure you can hear the music or programming that you enjoy. It is virtually impossible to please everyone so if music is important to your workout bring your own.
Failure to abide by these Fitness Center policies may lead to the suspension or termination of your membership.
Membership revocations and suspensions
The Sports Club staff is responsible for enforcement of policies and fitness center guidelines. Courtesy for other members, staff and the equipment in the Sports Club is expected and required. Loud, boisterous or abusive behavior will not be tolerated. Failure to comply with policies and Sport Club guidelines may result in immediate eviction from the club, revocation of membership with no refund.
See the below list of prohibited general conduct:
- Conduct which is obscene or indecent.
- Disruption or obstructing a program or patrons utilizing the facilities or services.
- Harassing any patron or staff during a program, in our facilities, or utilizing our services through unwanted conduct that causes reasonable fear for safety (e.g. stalking) or is sufficiently severe, pervasive and persistent that it interferes with the person’s employment or ability to participate in or benefit from Sports Club programs, services, or facilities.
- Threatening physical abuse, intimidation, coercion or conduct which threatens the health or safety of others.
- Physical abuse, intimidation, coercion or other conduct which endangers the health or safety of others.